Answers to our client's most often asked questions about health care, elder abuse, financial and lifestyle are found here. Looking for fun
things to do, please see our Concierge page by clicking here. If you would like information on a topic you don't see please contact us, we
are happy to answer your question or refer you to a trusted resource. Check back often as we are updating this page monthly.
1. Q.What isCare Management? Do I need it?
2. Q. What is Palliative Care?
A. Palliative Care prevents or treats symptoms and side effects of disease and treatment. Palliative care also treats emotional, social,
practical, and spiritual problems that illnesses can bring up. For more information about Palliative Care and who provides it please click
on the links below.
3. Q.What isElder Abuse?
Elder abuse is any form of mistreatment that results in harm or loss to an older person. It is generally divided into the following categories:
* Physical abuse is physical force that results in bodily injury, pain, or impairment. It includes assault, battery, and inappropriate restraint.
* Sexual abuse is non-consensual sexual contact of any kind with an older person.
* Domestic violence is an escalating pattern of violence by an intimate partner where the violence is used to exercise power and control.
* Psychological abuse is the willful infliction of mental or emotional anguish by threat, humiliation, or other verbal or nonverbal conduct.
* Financial abuse is the illegal or improper use of an older person's funds, property, or resources.
* Neglect is the failure of a caregiver to fulfill his or her care giving responsibilities. Self-neglect is failure to provide for one's own essential needs.
For more information about Elder Abuse from the National Committee for Preventing Elder Abuse please click here
4. Q. What is Advisor Abuse?
A. If you suspect that one or more advisors like an attorney, investment advisor, accountant, caregiver, Doctor, nurse, medical
equipment supplier or other service or product supplier is abusing you, a relative or friend the following are resources who can assist
you in determining whether the advisor is exerting undue influence and how to resolve the situation quickly.
In California each County has an adult protective services agency, other states have similar agencies in each County.
5. Q. I think I am being swindled by Telemarketer, how do I know?
6. Q. I want to leave something to a charity, but which one is honest?
A. There are many wonderful charitable organizations who do great work that you may want to contribute to. This is a link to organizations that
evaluate various charities and how well they achieve their goals.
7. Q. DoesLong-Term Care Insurance it make sense for me?
8. Q. Should I stay in my home or move to an assisted living facility?